The University of Ilorin has officially released its admission cut-off marks for prospective students. If you aspire to join UNILORIN, you’ll find the current UTME Cut-off marks for all courses right here. Meeting these marks significantly enhances your chances of admission, provided your O’Level results meet the university’s standards.
University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) JAMB Cut-off Mark:
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has set a general cut-off mark of 180 for all federal universities. This means that any aspiring student who scored at least 180 or higher in the 2023/2024 JAMB examination is eligible to apply for the University of Ilorin’s Post UTME.
UNILORIN Admission Screening Process:
UNILORIN conducts its admission screening in two phases, typically spanning over a week or a few weeks.
- Applicants are required to participate in the pre-screening exercise when it is announced.
- Key documents for this phase include the SSCE (Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination) result and the JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board) registration printout.
- It’s crucial for candidates to arrive early and promptly locate their screening venue.
- During this phase, candidates will be evaluated based on their JAMB scores and SSCE results.
Second Screening Phase:
- The second screening phase takes place after the release of admission lists.
- Candidates who have met the admission criteria will receive invitations for this additional screening exercise.
Items to Bring for the Screening:
- Original copies of their educational qualifications (Statements of Results/Certificates).
- Note: Cases of awaiting results will NOT be accepted.
- Birth Certification or Age Declaration.
- A letter of good conduct from either your Village Head or a respected member of your community, or a civil servant not below Grade Level 10 (or equivalent in the private sector).
- Certificate of Local Government of origin.
- Notification of admission status slip.
These documents are crucial for the screening process, and candidates are strongly advised to ensure they have all the required items for both phases of the screening exercise.
How To Calculate UNILORIN Aggregate/Screening Score:
To calculate your aggregate score for the University of Ilorin Post UTME/Screening, follow these simple steps:
- Divide your JAMB score by 8.
- Divide your Post UTME score by 2.
- Add both results together.
For example, if you scored 200 in JAMB and 80 in the Post UTME:
- 200/8 = 25
- 80/2 = 40
- Add 25 and 40 together: 25 + 40 = 65
So, your aggregate score would be 65.
Departmental Cut-off Marks for the University Of Ilorin:
Below are the cut-off marks for each department:
|B. Aquaculture and Fisheries||180|
|B.Sc. Food Science||200|
|B.Sc. Home Economics||180|
|B. Forestry and Wildlife||180|
|B.A. History and International Studies||210|
|B.A. Performing Arts||190|
|B.A. Christian Studies||180|
|B.A. Islamic Studies||180|
|B.A. Comparative Religious Studies||180|
|B.Sc. (Ed.) Social Studies||180|
|B.Sc. (Ed.) Economics||180|
|B.Sc. (Ed.) Geography||180|
|B.A. (Ed.) Social Studies||180|
|B.Sc. (Ed.) Educational Technology||180|
|B.Sc. (Ed.) Computer Science||180|
|B.Sc. (Ed.) Technology Education||180|
|B.Sc.(Ed.) Health Education||180|
|B.Ed. Primary Education Studies||180|
|B. Ed Adult Education Studies||180|
|B.Ed. Counsellor Education||180|
|B.Ed. Educational Management||180|
|B.Sc. (Ed.) Business Education||180|
|B.Sc.(Ed.) Human Kinetics||180|
|B.Sc. (Ed.) Biology||180|
|B.Sc. (Ed.) Chemistry||180|
|B.Sc. (Ed.) Mathematics||180|
|B.Sc. (Ed.) Physics||180|
|B.Sc. (Ed.) Agriculture||180|
|B.A. (Ed.) Arabic||180|
|B.A. (Ed.) Christian Studies||180|
|B.A. (Ed.) English||190|
|B.A. (Ed.) French||180|
|B.A. (Ed.) History||180|
|B.A. (Ed.) Islamic Studies||180|
|B.A. (Ed.) Yoruba||180|
|B.Eng. Water Resources and Environmental Engineering||200|
|B.Eng. Computer Engineering||240|
|B.Eng. Food Engineering||200|
|B.Eng. Agricultural & Biosystems Engineering||190|
|B.Eng. Civil Engineering||230|
|B.Eng. Mechanical Engineering||230|
|B.Eng. Electrical and Electronics Engineering||240|
|B.Eng. Chemical Engineering||230|
|B.Eng. Metallurgical Engineering||200|
|B.Eng. Biomedical Engineering||200|
|B.Sc. Estate Management||180|
|B.Sc. Quantity Surveying||200|
|B.Sc. Surveying and Geo-informatics||200|
|B.Sc. Urban and Regional Planning||180|
|DVM (Veterinary Medicine)||200|
|LL.B. Common Law||260|
|LL.B. Common & Islamic Law (Combined Law)||230|
|B. Medical Laboratory Science||230|
|B. Nursing Science||230|
|B.Sc. Computer Science||220|
|B.Sc. Mass Communication||240|
|B.Sc. Information and Communication Science||190|
|B.Sc. Library and Information Science||180|
|B.Sc. Telecommunication Science||200|
|Doctor of Optometry||220|
|B.Sc. Plant Biology||180|
|B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry||200|
|B.Sc. Applied Geophysics||180|
|B.Sc. Geology & Mineral Science||200|
|B.Sc. Industrial Relations & Personnel Management||180|
|B.Sc. Public Administration||200|
|B.Sc. Business Administration||220|
|B.Sc. Criminology and Security Studies||180|
|B.Sc. Geography & Environmental Management||180|
|B.Sc. Political Science||210|
|B.Sc. Social Work||180|
This information is crucial for aspiring UNILORIN students as it provides clarity on the admission process and the required criteria for different courses.